Friday, June 12, 2015

Not Getting Accepted is NOT the End

There are a lot of things that can happen and being on a waitlist is pretty important. A friend of mine signed a lease, moved all of his stuff to Florida, got his books but then picked and moved back since he was accepted into his top choice a week AFTER classes started. I did not initially get in to my top choice so met with an adviser, drafted a letter of interest and mailed it along. Keep all of the schools you are interested in up to date with all of your activities and hopefully you will get the call like I did.  My very first application cycle I turned my application in a few months after it opened and received zero interview invites. The following year I was lucky enough to get six. Some people try four years until they get their school of choice. It's a long process but I think it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment